I'm curating an online exhibition through Crafthaus and you should all consider entering.
Here's the skinny:
- You can only enter the show if you are a member of Crafthaus.ning.com. That being said, a year long membership costs you $20 and gets you a very large craft-social network, space for an online portfolio, prospecti for numerous online and offline exhibitions, the ability to enter any Crafthaus online exhibition for free, video clips, craft forums, etc.
- The exhibition is viewable to the general public (not only Crafthaus members).
- Most exhibitions will cost you at least $30 to enter ... this one is only $20 (well, really, that's for your membership). Even if you don't think your portfolio is spectacular yet, it's okay! Don't be intimidated! JOIN! This is valuable! And ENTER! You might get in! And even if you don't, rejection makes you stronger! I know this (all to well)! DO NOT BE AFRAID.
JOIN HERE. Oddly Wearable forum link.
Here's the info on the show I'm curating (I'm making this easy for you all... you don't even have to click the above links to find info):
OPEN CALL: Oddly Wearable
“Oddly Wearable” is an online exhibition that features Crafthaus members who make non-functional jewelry that questions our society’s need to strive for an ideal. Do you make pieces that inhibit the wearer’s movements? Or have you made something that makes the wearer and/or the viewer feel discomfort? This online exhibition will be a celebration of inquiry and dysfunction.
If you feel that your work fits into this exhibition and you are a Crafthaus member, please apply!
- Each artist may submit up to three pieces for consideration. Each piece may be represented by a full view and a detail (totaling a maximum of six images).
- Please include your name and title of the piece in each file name. (ie: RachelTimmins_Title Goes Here.jpg
- 800pxl maximum dimension in jpg format
- In a word document, please provide your contact information, a few sentences about each piece, the materials used to make each piece and the dimension of each piece (H x W x D).
- Please e-mail all application components to Rachel Timmins (email@example.com)
This exhibition will run on Crafthaus from September 7 - October 7 and will be able to be viewed by the general public (not only Crafthaus members). Entries are due by August 25th.
About the curator:
Rachel Timmins is a Studio Art (Metals Concentration) MFA Candidate at Towson University. She earned her BFA in Metal/Jewelry Design with a Minor in Sculpture from Buffalo State College in 2009. Rachel has been the recipient of numerous awards including status as a Finalist in the Student NICHE Awards, the Jauquet Award at Buffalo State College and the Award For Excellence in Sculpture at Buffalo State College. Her work has been shown in many exhibitions and she is commissioned regularly to make custom works.